Thursday, February 12, 2015


A Proposal to Analyze 

“A Government in Thrall to Religion” by Frank R Zindler

     I don’t like his views one bit.  I disagree on most of them and reading his background I see 

absolutely no reason for some of the things that he says.  Perhaps it is my religious bias, or 

background that lead me to think and feel the way I do about Mr. Zindler, however I will say 

that, though I disagree with most of it, I can or do agree with some of it.  There are some points 

he brings to light that I do believe our government has to realize and fix.  Even though it is not 

very appealing and convincing to me, it wasn’t me that Zindler was writing to.  Considering that 

his audience is primarily those of the Atheist party as he is I find that he is very persuasive in 

stirring and intensifying the feelings of separation of church and state.  

     I propose to focus primarily how through his powerful word choice, religious connections, 

and firm examples of his point he creates a very convincing pathological paper.  It is not perfect 

by any means or standards, however it accomplishes it’s purpose.  That purpose is not to 

persuade everyone to believe and think as he does(though I think he would like that), but it is to 

help create stir amongst those who share his similar beliefs to creating a voice against the merge 

of religion and state affairs.  You can tell he had thought a great deal of the subject and also how 

to word such an issue without completely ridiculing the religious.  He is very firm on his 

viewpoints and ways but does not spend the whole paper insulting those who not in favor of his 

views.  The greatest part of the paper is the passion that is displayed through his words.  As you 

read you have this sense of urgency as he repeatly tells his audience if we do not do this now, 

when?  Also banging off the same topic, he iterates the importance of such by letting people 

know we will not survive as a nation if this keeps up.  While I find fault in his views of the 

importance of stopping religion being intertwined with government I will see both sides of his 

argument, both from his original audience, and from myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment